REAL ESTATE TAXES
The Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office collects Lancaster Township’s Real Estate Taxes.
Each property owner is mailed a combined County and Municipal Real Estate Tax bill by March 1st of each year.
If your taxes are in escrow with your Mortgage lender, it is your responsibility to forward a copy to them for payment.
If you do not receive a bill or have a question, please contact the Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office at (717) 299-8222.
If there is an address change, property owner change or if you have a question concerning your properties assessment value, please contact the Lancaster County Property Assessment Office at (717) 299-8381.
Lancaster Township’s current tax millage rate is 0.6 mills.
How To Calculate Your Tax (mils based on 100% of assessed value):
$100,000 (Lancaster Township Assessed Property Value)
x .0006 (.6 mils)
Amount Owed $ 60.00
- To obtain the assessed value on your property go to this Link.
- Enter property owners name (last name first name) and click “Submit.”
- Check the property interested in and click “View Selected.”
REAL ESTATE TAX CERTIFICATION
- To request a tax certification, please contact the Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office:
Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office
150 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
PH: (717) 299-8222
HOMESTEAD TAX EXCLUSION
- For information, click here. To find out if your property is on the exclusion list, please click on this link.
- Lancaster Township School Taxes are collected by the School District of Lancaster. The bills are mailed out the beginning of July.
- If you do not receive a bill or have a question, please contact the school district:
School District of Lancaster
1020 Lehigh Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17602
PH: (717) 291-6134
LOCAL SERVICES TAX (LST, formerly EMS or Occupation Tax)
- In Lancaster Township only, this tax is a set fee of $10.00 per year for any person who works in the township. The tax is collected by Berkheimer Associates through a one-time payroll deduction in your first paycheck of the year. The School District of Lancaster receives this money.
- Any person who works in Lancaster Township whose total taxable income from all sources is less than $5,000 per year is exempt from the payment of this tax if the proper forms are submitted to your employer.
- The forms are available from Berkheimer Associates or contact them at:
PO Box 25132
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002
Local Services PH: (610) 599-3142
EARNED INCOME TAX (EIT)
- The Earned Income Tax (EIT) rate for Lancaster Township residents is 1%.
- It is the resident’s responsibility for filing this tax each year.
- The tax collection agency is the Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau (LCTCB).
- Visit or call LCTCB for more detailed information and frequently asked questions.
1845 William Penn Way, Suite 1
Lancaster PA 17601.1623
PH: (717) 569-4521 Fax: (717) 569-1623
What is Act 32?
- Act 32 requires uniform withholding (by the employer) of earned income taxes (EIT) and remittance to a single local collector or Tax Officer. The Act applies to the earned income taxes levied and collected after December 31, 2011.
What Employers & Employees Need to Know.
- Beginning January 2, 2012, this Act became mandatory for all employers (including those self-employed).
- To obtain detailed information and forms needed to register your business and your employees, visit PA Department of Community & Economic Development (Act 32) or call (866) 466-3972.
- Employers can obtain other information related to Act 32 from the Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau .
- If you are unsure what your local withholding rate is or which municipality your home or office is located, the Municipal Statistics Tax website allows you to enter in your personal information and assists you in identifying your county, school district and withholding rates.
- Employees must complete a Certificate of Residency form. The form must be completed by each and every Pennsylvania employee. This link will directly connect you to a PDF of the Certificate of Residency form on the Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau website.
PSD Code (Public School District Code) on Certificate of Residency Form: