Animal Abuse

If this is an emergency (active crime/abuse in progress), Dial 9 1 1.

In Lancaster Township, if this is NOT an emergency, call the police non-emergency number (717) 664-1180.

To report suspected animal cruelty, contact your local municipal police department where the incident occurred, OR the PA State Police (717) 299-7650, OR the Lancaster County District Attorney’s tipline at: 

Tips can be made anonymously. Important: The tipline does not offer immediate assistance or response. Also, general complaints about a shelter or rescue group should not be sent to the tipline.

The Pennsylvania SPCA also has a tipline:

For tips involving large animals, contact Christine Stull at LAPS (Large Animal Protection Society), (610) 869-9880.