Wednesday, January 17, 2018 – All Penn Waste routes are operating today. Due to weather affecting road conditions, they may not be able to collect all properties. For any properties that they are not able to collect, they will accept double the normal volume on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
The township office is on a two-hour delayed opening schedule for Wednesday, January 17, 2018. The office will open at 10:00am.
As of now, Penn Waste has not posted any delays in their collection schedule. For the most current updates on Penn Waste collection, click here for their news site.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, 8:42 p.m., Thursday, January 11, 2018, 500 block North School Lane (LT) – Two vehicles, both unlocked vehicle. Total loss: $30.00.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 1200 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Two (2) vehicles entered; no loss.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 1000 block Wheatland Avenue (LT) – One (1) vehicle entered; no loss.
- Criminal Mischief, Friday, January 12, 2018, 1200 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Damaged solar light. Total loss: $30.00.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, January 9-10, 2018, 400 block Rosedale Avenue (LT) – One (1) vehicle entered; $25.00 loss.
- Retail Theft, 12:33 p.m., Monday, January 8, 2018, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Total loss is yet to be determined.
- Theft, January 9-14, 2018, 1125 Columbia Avenue – Wheatland Presbyterian Church (LT) – Unknown person/s stole seven (7) copper gutters from the exterior of the church. Total loss: $1,937.00.0
- Burglary, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 300 block Rider Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s broke a window, forced entry into the residence, and stole property inside. Total loss: $1,730.00.
- Robbery, 10:55 p.m., Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 300 block South West End Avenue (LT) – An unidentified person pointed a firearm at the victim and took her bag by force. Total loss: $230. The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 6’0” tall and thin, wearing a black hat or hooded sweatshirt and gray scarf covering his face. The victim was not injured. Any person with information related to this incident should call the Manheim Township Police at 717-569-6401 or use our anonymous tip line at 717-569-2816.
There was a water main break this morning (Thursday, January 11th) at 1120 Wheatland Ave. The City of Lancaster is aware and will be repairing it. You may experience low pressure and brown water from that area. There was also a main break on Hillside last evening (Wednesday, January 10th).
All questions regarding water service, water pressure, brown water, billing, etc., should be directed to Lancaster City Water: (717) 291-4816