LANCASTER TOWNSHIP BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1240 Maple Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
P: (717) 291-1213; www.twp.lancaster.pa.us
October 8, 2018
6:00pm WORKSHOP AGENDA
· Planning & Zoning
· Township Engineer
· Public Works
· Township Manager
7:00pm REGULAR MEETING
I. Pledge of Allegiance, Call to Order, Roll Call
II. Public Comment on Agenda Items
III. Legislative Hearing-Text Amendments, Chapter 280, Zoning—Ordinance 2018-05
A legislative hearing will be held for Ordinance 2018-05. An ordinance to amend the Code of the Township of Lancaster, Chapter 280, Zoning, to clarify the definition of and regulations regarding Municipal Uses, and to amend Section 1615. The Lancaster Township Planning Commission recommended approval of this Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment at their meeting on August 21, 2018. At the conclusion of the hearing, the board will act on Ordinance 2018-05.
IV. Secretary’s Report
V. Treasurer’s Report
VI. Payment of Bills
A. Lancaster Township Fire Department
B. Lafayette Fire Company
D. Recycling Report
E. Sewer/Other Reports
A. Trash/Recycling News:
· Waste Management started as the new contractor on October 1. Your patience is appreciated as they become familiar with the township collection area.
· Bills were mailed out October 1. Online payment is available using credit card or check. Payment is due October 30.
· Large Appliance & Tire Collection takes place week of November 5-8 on your regular collection day. Each item requires a special service tag attached which can be purchased at the township office during regular business hours.
B. Leaf Pickup News:
· Non-signed streets, pickup started today, and ends December 14. There is no scheduled pickup for non-signed streets; leaves are collected on a rotating basis.
· Signed streets, parking restrictions remain in force. Pickup begins Tuesday & Wednesday, October 16 & 17; takes place the 1st & 3rd Tuesday and Wednesday of the month, and ends December 4 & 5. The schedule is available on the township website.
· Leaf collection may be altered at any time.
C. Next Board of Supervisors Meeting: Monday, November 12, 2018, 7:00pm; workshop at 6:00pm, Lancaster Township.
IX. Old Business
No old business.
X. Planning and Zoning Business
A. LTPC #257-Elderwood Senior Living Facility – Stormwater Management Plan
The board will act on a request from Benjamin Craddock of Lancaster Civil Engineering Company to reinstate the stormwater management plan for LTPC #257, Elderwood Senior Living Facility, which was originally approved by the board of supervisors at their meeting of May 9, 2016.
B. LTPC #272–Southern Village Phase 4 – Final Land Development Plan
The board will act on a request from the William Swiernik, David Miller/Associates, Inc., for an extension of time, until January 11, 2019, for the approval of the Land Development Plan for LTPC #272, Southern Village Phase IV. This request was submitted in a letter dated October 4, 2018.
XI. New Business
A. Handicap Parking Space Application
The board will act on a request for a handicap parking sign to be installed at 323 South West End Avenue.
XII. Guest Recognition & Participation