Theft From Motor Vehicle Incidents, January 10-12, 2018, 500 block North School Lane (LT) – Three (3) unlocked vehicles were entered as they sat overnight. Numerous items taken. Total loss: $31.50.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, 8:42 p.m., Thursday, January 11, 2018, 500 block North School Lane (LT) – Two vehicles, both unlocked vehicle. Total loss: $30.00.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 1200 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Two (2) vehicles entered; no loss.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 1000 block Wheatland Avenue (LT) – One (1) vehicle entered; no loss.
- Criminal Mischief, Friday, January 12, 2018, 1200 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Damaged solar light. Total loss: $30.00.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle, January 9-10, 2018, 400 block Rosedale Avenue (LT) – One (1) vehicle entered; $25.00 loss.
- Retail Theft, 12:33 p.m., Monday, January 8, 2018, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Total loss is yet to be determined.
- Theft, January 9-14, 2018, 1125 Columbia Avenue – Wheatland Presbyterian Church (LT) – Unknown person/s stole seven (7) copper gutters from the exterior of the church. Total loss: $1,937.00.0
- Burglary, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 300 block Rider Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s broke a window, forced entry into the residence, and stole property inside. Total loss: $1,730.00.
- Robbery, 10:55 p.m., Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 300 block South West End Avenue (LT) – An unidentified person pointed a firearm at the victim and took her bag by force. Total loss: $230. The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 6’0” tall and thin, wearing a black hat or hooded sweatshirt and gray scarf covering his face. The victim was not injured. Any person with information related to this incident should call the Manheim Township Police at 717-569-6401 or use our anonymous tip line at 717-569-2816.
- Loitering and Prowling at Nighttime, 10:55 p.m., Sunday, January 7, 2018, 1400 block Passey Lane (LT) – Person was observed standing on a balcony that did not belong to them; they fled when confronted.
- Criminal Mischief, January 2-3, 2018, 400 block Judie Lane (LT) – Tire slashed. Total loss: $65.00.
- Vehicle Theft, Saturday, January 6, 2018, Spencer Avenue (LT) – A 2009 Kia Rio was stolen after the owner left it running unattended to warm it up. Total loss: $2,500.00.
- Criminal Mischief, Saturday, January 6, 2018, 1400 block Passey Lane (LT) – Window of vehicle smashed. Total loss: $200.00.
- Theft By Deception, 11:40 a.m., Thursday, December 7, 2017, 1216 Millersville Pike – Fulton Bank (LT) – A check was deposited and cash withdrawn from the account. The check was written from a closed account.
At 11:41 p.m. January 3, 2018, officers responded to a vehicle crash at the intersection of North President Avenue and Marietta Avenue in Lancaster Township. Arriving officers found that westbound Honda on Marietta Avenue had failed to stop for the red light and collided with a northbound Toyota on North President Avenue, resulting in severe damage to both vehicles. The driver of the Toyota was transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries that were not life-threatening.
The Honda was found a short distance away on Marietta Avenue, but the driver was observed fleeing on foot. Officers searched the area but could not immediately locate the male. It was later determined that the vehicle had been stolen from an auto dealership in Lancaster City.
At 2:16 a.m. January 4, 2017, a resident of the 500 Block of North President Avenue called 911 to report that somebody was trying to break into their residence. Officers surrounded the residence and found that forced entry had been made by breaking a window. With the assistance of Manheim Township’s K-9 unit, the home was searched and a male was found hiding in an upstairs bedroom closet. He was taken into custody, and officers were able to determine that he had been the driver of the Honda from the crash. Marijuana was found in his possession. The male was identified as: Michael E. Green M/25, 2000 Block Temple Avenue, Lancaster PA
Green was charged with Burglary, Loitering and Prowling, Possession of Marijuana, Accidents Involving Damage to Attended Vehicle, No Insurance, and Traffic Control Signals (Red Light Violation). He was turned over to Central Booking and committed to Lancaster County Prison after being unable to post $25,000 bail.