The Manheim Township Compost Park Facility located at 2775 Oregon Pike, Lititz, is open to area residents for the disposal of yard waste. (No municipal waste or commercial haulers.) Lancaster Township residents can use the facility.
NOTE: This IS NOT a free service—THERE ARE FEES THAT APPLY.
The composting park accepts garden residues, shrubbery and tree pruning, sod, leaves, and grass for composting. Service and pricing guidelines are below. All questions about the facility should be directed to:
Wendy Herr, Recycling Coordinator
Ph: (717) 569-6406 ext. 129
Yard waste materials accepted at the site:
- Garden residues, shrubbery and tree prunings, sod, leaves, and grass
Yard waste disposal fees:
$1.00 per 30-gallon container or biodegradable bag.
Passenger cars/SUV’s/station wagon
Full load – $6.00
Half full – $4.00
Minimum rate – $3.00
Pickup truck/trailer load rates:
Full load – $10.00
Half full – $6.00
Minimum rate – $4.00
Dump truck/box truck/1-ton pickups with sideboards:
Any and all loads – $15.00 per vehicle, per load. No minimum or reduced charge.
Compost Park Hours:
- December 21st through March 31st – open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only, excluding Christmas Day and New Year’s Day – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- April 1st through May 31st – open every day, excluding Easter Day and Memorial Day Holiday – 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- June 1st through August 31st – open every day, excluding July 4th Holiday – 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- September 1st through October 31st – open every day, excluding Labor Day Holiday – 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- November 1st through December 20th – open every day, excluding Thanksgiving Day – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Last vehicle to enter the Park is 10 minutes before closing.