120 North School Lane – Established 1906
The “Herr-Zimmerman House” is a two and one-half story, six bay brick Georgian Revival style house. Designed by prominent architect William C. Pritchett of Philadelphia for Lancaster realtor Alan. A. Herr by William C. Pritchet and modified by the Zimmerman family in the 1920s and 1930s. It is now the official residence of the president of Franklin and Marshall College. The exterior is simple in comparison to the elaborate interior including the library ceiling, the domed conservatory attributed to Tiffany of New York, and the tripartite arches and stairway in the entry hall.