375 S. Conestoga Drive – Established 1805/1806
“Jacob Miller House” — Jacob Miller, an early industrialist, established his property in 1806. The house is a 2 1/2 story, four bay brick Federal house, two dormers, gable pent eaves, bel course, brick jack arches over windows with stone keystones, twelve over twelve sash on the second floor, central entrance with fluted pilasters. The flanking lower windows with sidelights are later Classical Revival remodeling.
Jacob Miller was Lancaster’s first industrialist and built the now-lost Lancaster Cotton Works in 1812. Remains of the city’s first waterworks on the property.
The stone, Colonial-style tenant house on the Jacob Miller property at 385 S. Conestoga Drive, was built between 1775 and 1790.