Scheduled for the week of April 9 to 12, 2018 on your regular trash collection day.
Large appliances, also referred to as white goods, include washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, freezers, hot water heaters, air conditioners, furnaces, dehumidifiers, etc. A $12 Blue Tag must be purchased for each item and attached to each appliance. NOTE: Any item too heavy to be lifted into a truck by two people will not be accepted.
Each tire requires a $2 purple tag, and tires must be removed from their rims. NO COMMERCIAL OR OVER-SIZED TIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED. This collection is for standard car, truck, or motorcycle tires.
- Tags are purchased at the township office.
- Tags should be securely attached on each appliance and/or tire in a place clearly visible to the trash hauler.
- Items should be left for collection in the same place and put out at the same time as your regular trash.
- Whenever you have an appliance and/or tire for pickup during the scheduled week, you must notify the township office at least two (2) business days in advance of your collection day in order to place your address and the item on the trash hauler’s pickup list.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (717) 291-1213 extension 301.
These items are picked up by the trash hauler twice during the year (typically April and November) on your regular trash collection day. This information, including the dates, is advertised in the newsletter, in the Penn Waste Special Collection Calendar that comes with the newsletter, and on the township website under the Trash & Recycling menu item.