1207 Marietta Avenue – Established 1931
The “Liegh P. Helm House” is a two and one-half story, five bay stone Colonial Revival house, central entry under pediment containing Palladian window, pent roof, eight over eight sash, five bay window on one side of the lower front facade.
This 1931 stone mansion graces a one acre lot near President Buchanan’s residence in Lancaster Township’s School Lane Hills. According the the Historic Preservation Trust of Lancaster County, this Colonial Revival Mansion is situated in an area that is on the National Register and is noted as a significant property.
The mansion was built as the residence of Leigh P Helm. Helm was associated with Raub Supply. The mansion was designed by local architect Melvern R. Evans of Lancaster. He was the grandson of John Hantch Evans, Lancaster’s first architect.