Community Building located at 1420 Columbia Avenue (Lancaster Township)
For rental inquiries, contact Rebecca French. (717) 291-1213 ext. 300
POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND RENTAL AGREEMENT
- All requests for use of Maple Grove Community Building must be submitted to the Lancaster Township Office on an official rental application form. Preapproval by Township Manager required for all fundraising events. Events with admission charged at the door are not permitted.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age. Be sure to include proof of age with application.
- A reservation/security deposit of $100.00 for weekday rentals and $200.00 for weekend rentals is required to hold any reservation. The deposit is returned within one month of the rental date, provided the building is found in the condition prior to the rental, all rules are followed, and there are not problems with your rental. This deposit is a separate fee, independent of the rental fee. The deposit refund will be returned to the rental applicant only. All checks should be made payable to Lancaster Township.
- No use will occur without approval of the application by Lancaster Township.
- All applications are considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Rental fees must be paid in full at least two weeks prior to use. If we do not receive payment two weeks prior to rental date, Lancaster Township retains the right to rent the facility to another party. Lancaster Township accepts personal checks when booking a rental more than two weeks in advance. When rental of the facility is arranged within the two-week time period, and an agreement is signed, only cash or credit card payments will be accepted for both the security deposit and the rental fee. The amount of the rental fee shall be as specified in the application packet.
- Credit cards accepted by Lancaster Township are Visa, Master Card and debit cards.
- The maximum number of occupants at any given time is 140.
- The agreement shall not be binding until signed by the applicant and Lancaster Township.
CANCELLATION REFUND POLICY
- 21 days or more prior to event – 50% refund of security deposit. If rental fee has been paid, full refund of rental fee.
- Fewer than 21 days prior to event – no refund of security deposit or rental fee.
- Rentals not accepted – 100% refund
- Cancellations due to severe weather conditions – 100% refund at Lancaster Township’s discretion.
RENTAL FEE GUIDELINES
- Hours available for rental: Sunday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Rental hours listed by applicant must include set up/clean up time.
- Basic use of facility includes the community building main room, kitchen, deck, and rest rooms. The park is always available for public use. The building is equipped with 30 tables (30” x 72”) and chairs.
- Rental fee includes the service of a building attendant who will open and close the building for the event. Keys to the building are not provided. There will be an extra fee of $15.00 for any additional trips to the facility by the Township Staff.
- If applicant will not be present when building is opened or closed, applicant must ensure their representative is present and aware of the terms and conditions of this agreement. The name of said representative must be provided to Lancaster Township in advance of the event.
- Additional fees will be assessed for damage to the facility or failure to leave facility in an acceptable and clean condition. Building attendant has authority to determine condition of building at the end of each rental. Both applicant and building attendant must sign the checklist after final inspection is complete.
- Building must always remain occupied by an adult (21 years or older) after being unlocked by the building attendant, and during the entire rental period.
- Lancaster Township is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- A minimum of one adult (21 years or older) must be present for every 15 attending individuals under the age of 21. Additional supervision may be required as deemed necessary by Lancaster Township.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all chaperones must be included on the application form.
Alcohol is permitted, at an additional fee, when the person renting the facility is over the age of 21 and has it available as one of the beverages served/consumed at the activity for which the building was rented. Please note as renter you are responsible for your guests. Alcohol may not be sold to guests/participants of the activity and tickets may not be sold to an event where alcohol is provided. These are violations of the PA Liquor Code.
Under no circumstances are individuals under the age of 21 years permitted to violate state law by possessing and/or consuming alcoholic beverages at or during any activity at Maple Grove Community Building. Under-age drinkers and those serving alcohol to minors will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Deliberate violations of Pennsylvania laws regarding serving alcoholic beverages to minors or conspicuously intoxicated persons can result in prosecution and forfeiture of refundable deposit. Lancaster Township will not be liable for any alcohol related damage to personal property. When alcohol is to be served/consumed at Maple Grove, Lancaster Township reserves the right to contact police to monitor the building and activities.
A renter may engage a caterer to provide food and non-alcoholic drinks only. It is a violation of the PA Liquor Code for a caterer to provide alcohol for any event at Maple Grove.
When alcohol is served/consumed, Lancaster Township requires renters to follow all of the rules and regulations set forth by the PA Liquor Control Board.
LONG TERM RENTALS
Frequent, on-going renters may use storage facilities located at the community building if space is available. Lancaster Township will not be responsible for any items stored at the facility. Items must remain under lock and key, which will be provided by Lancaster Township at additional cost. Lancaster Township staff reserves the right to inspect storage bins at any time.
- Smoking or the use of any tobacco product is not permitted inside the community building. Smoking or tobacco use is only permitted outside with the proper use of available containers to dispose of debris.
- Illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Persons using illegal drugs will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Neglecting to return the facility to its original condition (as determined by building attendant) will result, at a minimum, in forfeiture of the security deposit.
- Any theft or unwarranted damage will be the financial responsibility of the individual/group renting the facility.
- Applicant will indemnify and hold Lancaster Township harmless for any and all personal injury and/or property damage caused by applicant or his/her guests, as stated in the rental application agreement.