The following three items are common concerns registered with the township office:
- Property Maintenance: high grass, weeds, rubbish, etc.
- Zoning: vehicles without a current state inspection, registration, or license plate on private property.
- Ordinance: animal concerns (such as dogs), noise, etc.
The process for filing a concern involves the following three options:
- Fill out and submit a Resident Concern Form. Click here for the form. You may also fill out the form at the township office. Once completed, mail, email (by downloading & saving first), or drop it off. Or,
- Email your concern to the zoning office: Tom Daniels – firstname.lastname@example.org and Gretchen Smith – email@example.com. Or,
- Mail or drop off a written letter to:
Attn: Zoning Officer
1240 Maple Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
The concern should include the name, address, and telephone number of the person registering it. The township is not obligated to process anonymous concerns, but will consider them on a case by case basis. Public health and safety issues should be reported under any circumstances.
When a concern is founded, the township office will follow procedure in order to resolve the matter. At times, these procedures can be lengthy. The township will do its best to keep the lines of communication open and resolve the matter as soon as possible.
It’s always a good policy to talk with your neighbor first when there is a problem. Most residents prefer to have a neighbor approach them personally instead of receiving an official violation notice from the township.