- Theft From Motor Vehicle, 6:39 p.m., Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 1000 block East Orange Street (LT) – An unknown black male was seen entering an unlocked vehicle which sat parked at this location. The male stole a clarinet, GPS unit, and the vehicle’s owner’s manual. The items were later discarded a short distance away and returned to the victim. Total loss: $610.00.
- Theft By Deception, September 20-October 3, 2017, 200 block Perthshire Drive (LT) – A resident of this location fell victim for a scam after talking to an unknown person they met on match.com. The victim sent $19,045.22 in cash and two (2) cell phones valued at $1,519.00. The victim was told the person needed the money for the building of a business and was promised to be repaid. The transactions were sent to the countries of Turkey and South Africa.
- Retail Theft, 11:13 a.m., Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant (LT) – An unknown Hispanic male left the store with a shopping cart full of shrimp valued at $265.94. Store employees attempted to stop the male and he fled without the merchandise. Investigation continues.
- Hit & Run Crash, 3:20 p.m., Wednesday, October 11, 2017, Columbia Avenue at Abbeyville Road (LT) – A black Nissan Versa struck another vehicle and fled the scene. No injuries reported. Investigation continues.
- Theft, October 10-11, 2017, 1300 block Belle Valley Road (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a wind chime and small water fountain from the front yard of a residence. Total loss: $40.00.