Lancaster Township makes every effort to keep our roads, streets, and alleys in good repair. They are inspected frequently, and based on those inspections and average traffic flow the roads to be repaved are chosen.
Following is a preliminary list of streets/roads to be be repaved summer 2017. This is a “proposed” plan and is subject to change. Some of the streets may be put on hold due to budgetary constraints.
2017 Proposed Paving Plan:
- River Drive (Jackson Dr. to Ridge Rd.)
- Alley K (Atkins Ave. to Spencer Ave.)
- Elwood Avenue (S. President Ave. to Spencer Ave.)
- Meadowbrook Road (River Dr. to Wilson Dr.)
- Alley T (School Ln. to Perry Ave.)
- Alley U (S. School Ln. to Alley T)
- Alley S (Hamilton Park Dr. to Spring Grove Ave.)
- Wickford Rd. (Meadowbrook Rd. to Wheatland Ave.)
The township public works department staff will place signs on the street and/or notices in your door advising you of the exact date for work to begin. As a reminder, if it rains the project could be delayed.
If you have special needs on the day of your street paving, please call (in advance) the Superintendent of Public Works Michael Hamlin at (717) 293-1733 (leave a message if there is no answer). Or, you may call the township reception desk at (717) 291-1213 to leave a message. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
For road closure/repair work information, click here.