Water Services and FAQs
Lancaster City Water Department – Provides all Township public water service
Address: 120 North Duke Street, Lancaster, Pa 17603
Billing Questions: Call (717) 735-3425, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Service Questions: On weekdays call (717) 291-4820, 7:00am-4:00pm. On weekends, holidays and weekdays 4:00pm-7:00am, call (717) 291-4816
Water Transmission and Distribution
- For water emergencies, call (717) 291-4816.
- Specifications are available in the city engineering office. Contact an Engineering representative at (717) 291-4764 for a free copy or you can download them from this site.
Download the Specifications
- For inspections of public water utilities, and service laterals from the main to the curb stop, call (717) 291-4764. For inspections of services from the curb stop to the house, contact the water meter bureau at (717) 291-4820.
- For Capacity Approvals (domestic and fire flow), contact Ben Perwien, Utility Engineer, in the Engineering Office. Submissions should include three (3) copies of the project information sheet, download capacity request form, a letter detailing your request, and utility layout plans. Submissions without this required information will be returned. All fields on the project information sheet must be filled out.
- For plan reviews of subdivisions and service lines, submit two (2) sets of utility/layout plans with all applicable details (metering/backflow, taps, laterials, and hydrants) to Ben Perwien, Utility Engineer, in the Engineering Bureau. Submissions may be mailed to:
City of Lancaster, City Hall, Bureau of Engineering
Attn: Ben Perwien, Utility Engineer
120 North Duke Street
PO Box 1599
Lancaster, PA 17608-1599
Lancaster Municipal Authority
Contact: Gary Bowers
Address: 120 N. Duke St., Lancaster, PA 17603
Phone Number: (717) 291-4837
Lancaster Area Sewer Authority (LASA – serves west side of township)
Address: 130 Centerville Rd., Lancaster, PA 17603
Phone Number: (717) 299-4843
Municipal Representative: Alex Henderson, III
2051 Rice Rd.
Lancaster, PA 17603
(717) 299–4843, option 3, Mon–Fri: 8:00am–4:30pm
(717) 396–9619, Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays
Suburban Lancaster Sewer Authority (SLSA – serves east side of township)
Address: P. O. Box 458, Lancaster, PA 17608-0458
Phone Number: (717) 560-1900
Billing Questions, Service Questions: (717) 560-7500
Municipal Representative: Richard B. Nissley
1117 Wheatland Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
(717) 293–5533, 24 hours a day
Lancaster Township Sewage Enforcement Officer: Mark A. Deimler (on-lot sewage only)
c/o Solanco Engineering Association
103 Fite Way, Suite C
Quarryville, PA 17566
Alternate: ARRO Consulting, Inc.
Attn: Mark D. Harman
108 West Airport Road
Lititiz, PA 17543