are operated by the Red Rose Transit Authority. For more or detailed information on any of the programs listed below, call RRTA at (717) 291-1243, or visit the Red Rose Access site at www.redrosetransit.com.
- Senior Citizen Program: If you are a Senior Citizen, age 65 or older who lives or travels more than a 1/4 mile from an existing RRTA bus route, or have a disability which prevents you from using regular RRTA bus service, you are eligible for Red Rose Access. Eligible passengers pay 15% of the fare, while the remainder is funded by the Pennsylvania Lottery.
- Americans with Disabilities Program: This service is in accordance with the ADA Act of 1990. If you have a disability which prevents you to have access to the RRTA buses and you live or can travel within 3/4 of a mile of a bus route, you may be eligible to ride Red Rose Access. Fares for this service are comparable to RRTA’s fixed-route fares.
You are eligible for the ADA service if because of a disability:
- You cannot independently board or ride a RRTA fixed-route bus
- You have a disability or specific impairment that prevents you from getting to or from a boarding location
- Access to Jobs Program: Whether you work first, second, or third shift, the RRTA’s Access to Jobs program can help with your transportation needs. The Access to Jobs program enables customers to travel to and from work at times when the bus system is not operating.
You may be eligible if:
- You must live and work within 1/4 mile of a bus route.
- You must need transportation to and from work.
- You must live and travel within the metropolitan area.
- Your trip must be during times not provided by the fixed-route service in your area.
- Your household income needs to be within 150% of the federal poverty level.