Ord2010-06 of Lancaster Township provides regulations for solicitation & canvassing within the township. Anyone wishing to solicit, must have a permit from the township. Exceptions are: officers or employees of the township, county, state or federal government, and charitable, religious or nonprofit organizations. (To apply for a permit, go to Forms & Applications.)
To assist residents, following is a list of permits that have been issued in Lancaster Township. Check back regularly as permits are approved.
|Permit No.||Business/Organization||Reason for Permit||Permit
|No 2020||permits issued to date. (1/8/2020)|
Ask to see photo ID, and the permit issued by Lancaster Township. Solicitors/Canvassers are required to carry these at all times.Never open your door to a stranger, and do not allow yourself to be bullied by anyone who wants access to your home. Your safety should be your #1 concern.Important things for residents to remember:
- Solicitation and canvassing shall only occur within Lancaster Township during the following hours: Monday thru Friday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm, and Saturday & Sunday from Noon to 8:00pm.
- Solicitors/Canvassers must conduct themselves in a polite and courteous manner at all times. No “hard-sell” tactics will be tolerated.
- No solicitor, peddler or canvasser shall contact any residence within Lancaster Township that has a sign posted in the window or door indicating solicitation/canvassing is not desired at that residence.
- If you feel threatened in any way, at any time — call 9 1 1.
- If someone is soliciting/canvassing without a permit, call the police non-emergency # (717) 664-1180 to report them, or any unusual behavior you notice.
- To read the complete ordinance, click here.