resumed on April 4, 2017 on signed streets. Warning notices will no longer be issued.
- Sweeping on signed streets takes place the first & third Tuesday and Wednesday of each month.
- Please abide by the schedule as it appears on the street sign to avoid a parking ticket. A vehicle parked illegally prevents the township from cleaning and maintaining the streets. The police will enforce street signs that prohibit parking on certain days.
- Click here to print out the 2017 Street Sweeping/Leaf Collection calendar for signed streets.
- Click here to access the complete list for signed streets, or here for a condensed version.
- Note: When street sweeping ends, parking restrictions remain in force on signed streets due to leaf pickup beginning. There will be no warning notices; parking tickets will be issued.
Grass clippings, tree branches, or yard waste ARE NOT to be placed on the street for pickup. This will clog and/or break the equipment resulting in delays to the schedule.
Unsigned Areas: The crew attempts to clean every street in the township a minimum of twice a year in the unsigned areas; once in the fall and once in the spring. There is no notification as to when this will take place. If there are cars parked on the street, the operator will go around the cars. If your street is heavily littered, call the public works office at (717) 293-1733. The crew will take a look at the street, and if needed, will put up a temporary sign giving everyone 24 hours to move their cars, and then sweep the street.
Residents who keep the street in front of their property debris free help make the bi-weekly sweeping easy. The bi-weekly sweeping schedule on signed streets allows the township to clean the non-signed neighborhoods more frequently.