Click HERE for update–12/9/2019
Street sweeping began April 2, 2019.
Leaf collection begins October 15, 2019.
The No Parking enforcement is extended through January 16, 2020 to allow for the sweeping of the streets after final leaf collection.
Weather, equipment, and volume of leaves can affect both street sweeping and leaf collection at any time.
The following streets have been added to the signed schedule:
- Chadwick Circle West: 1st and 3rd Thursday, 8am to 11:45am
- Chadwick Circle East: 1st and 3rd Monday, 8am to 11:45am
- Colchester Drive West: 1st and 3rd Thursday, 8am to 11:45am
- Colchester Drive East: 1st and 3rd Monday, 8am to 11:45am
- Sterling Place, Kentshire, Elmshire, Pennshire, Perthshire, Yorkshire: 1st and 3rd Monday & Thursday, 8am to 11:45am
The street sweeping/leaf collection calendar for signed streets can be found on the township website by clicking here: 2019 Street Sweeping/Leaf Collection Calendar
On SIGNED streets: (If your street has a posted sign that lists certain days/hours of no parking, that is a “signed” street.)
- Both street sweeping and leaf collection take place the first and third Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each month.
- Police will enforce prohibited parking. Abide by the schedule as it appears on the posted street sign. NO WARNING NOTICES WILL BE ISSUED! Illegally parked vehicles prevent street sweeping and leaf collection on the signed streets.
ABSOLUTELY NO grass clippings, tree branches, or yard waste are to be placed on the street for the street sweeping/leaf collection. This will clog and/or break the equipment resulting in delays to the collection schedule for the entire township. Grass, branches, or yard waste found on the street, or mixed in with leaves will be left for you to clean up and dispose of.
During leaf collection season, every effort will be made to collect leaves on streets with signed parking restrictions on the days/times listed on the street signs. The area (route) the crew will be working in will be posted in advance (when possible) on the township website home page. Route (Zone) Maps are available by clicking here.
There is no scheduled street sweeping/leaf collection for non-signed streets.
For non-signed streets, the crew attempts to clean every street in the township a minimum of twice a year—once in the fall and once in the spring. There is no notification as to when this will take place. If vehicles are parked on the street, the operator will go around them.
If your street is heavily littered, call the public works office at (717) 293-1733, and the crew will drive out and take a look at it. If needed, they will put up a temporary sign giving everyone 24 hours to move their vehicles, and will then sweep the street.
Leaves are collected on a rotating basis. The crew starts at one end of the township, and continues day after day until the entire township has had a collection, then it starts all over again.
HIGH-TRAFFIC STATE HIGHWAYS
The streets below are not included in the regular leaf collection schedule due to their being high-traffic state highways; therefore, the township will pick up these bagged leaves. Call the public works office at (717) 293-1733 when your bags of leaves are at curbside ready for pickup.
- Columbia Avenue
- Marietta Avenue
- Millersville Pike
- Wabank Road