FINAL DATES FOR LEAF COLLECTION (weather permitting!)
NOTE: THESE ARE THE FINAL DATES THAT YOU MAY PUT LEAVES OUT – ANY LEAVES PUT OUT AFTER THESE DATES WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Monday, Dec. 14: ALL AREAS between Columbia Ave., Marietta Ave., Race Ave., and 0–200 block River Drive.
- Tuesday, Dec. 15: All SIGNED Tuesday areas in East and West Township including Conestoga Woods area.
- Wednesday, Dec. 16: All SIGNED Wednesday areas in East and West Township; finish Conestoga Woods area.
- Thursday, Dec. 17: All SIGNED Thursday areas (Chadwick Lane, Colchester Drive, the Sterling Place Development). Areas west of Abbeyville Rd., School House Rd., N. Bausman Dr., Bausman, Gable Park, Bentley Lane, Chadwick Circle, Bean Hill Rd., Wedge Wood, Windolph Landing, Honeysuckle Ln., and Millrace Development
- Friday, Dec. 18: ALL AREAS between Marietta Ave. and Newton Rd., N. President Ave., and the 300–700 blocks of River Dr.
- Monday Dec. 21: All SIGNED Monday areas (Chadwick Lane, Colchester Drive, the Sterling Place Development).
The No Parking enforcement is extended through January 15, 2021 to allow for the cleaning of the streets after final leaf collection.
Questions or concerns may be directed to: Ph: (717) 293-1733
The 2020 published schedule pertains to those streets that are signed. If your street has a posted sign that lists certain days/hours of no parking, then it is a “signed” street.
- Read the full notice here, along with information on parking availability: http://www.twp.lancaster.pa.us/street-sweeping-resumes
- The calendar for signed streets can be found at this link: 2020 Street Sweeping/Leaf Collection Calendar
- Weather, equipment, and volume of leaves can affect both street sweeping and leaf collection at any time.
On SIGNED streets:
- Both street sweeping and leaf collection take place the first and third Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each month.
- Police will enforce prohibited parking. Abide by the schedule as it appears on the posted street sign. Illegally parked vehicles prevent street sweeping and leaf collection on the signed streets.
ABSOLUTELY NO grass clippings, tree branches, or yard waste are to be placed on the street for the street sweeping/leaf collection. This will clog and/or break the equipment resulting in delays to the collection schedule for the entire township. Grass, branches, or yard waste found on the street, or mixed in with leaves will be left for you to clean up and dispose of yourself.
During leaf collection season, every effort will be made to collect leaves on streets with signed parking restrictions on the days/times listed on the street signs. The area (route) the crew will be working in will be posted in advance (when possible) on the township website home page. Route (Zone) Maps are available by clicking here.
There is no scheduled street sweeping/leaf collection for non-signed streets.
For non-signed streets, the crew attempts to clean every street in the township a minimum of twice a year—once in the fall and once in the spring. There is no notification as to when this will take place. If vehicles are parked on the street, the operator will go around them.
If your street is heavily littered, call the public works office at (717) 293-1733, and the crew will drive out and take a look at it. If needed, they will put up a temporary sign giving everyone 24 hours to move their vehicles, and will then sweep the street.
Leaves are collected on a rotating basis. The crew starts at one end of the township, and continues day after day until the entire township has had a collection, then it starts all over again.
HIGH-TRAFFIC STATE HIGHWAYS
The streets below are not included in the regular leaf collection schedule due to their being high-traffic state highways; therefore, the township will pick up these bagged leaves. Call the public works office at (717) 293-1733 when your bags of leaves are at curbside ready for pickup.
- Columbia Avenue
- Millersville Pike
- Wabank Road