On SIGNED streets: (If your street has a posted sign that lists certain days/hours of no parking, that is a “signed” street.)
- Street sweeping begins on April 2, 2019.
- Leaf collection begins October 15, 2019.
- Both street sweeping and leaf collection now take place the first and third Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each month.
- Police will enforce prohibited parking. Abide by the schedule as it appears on the posted street sign. NO WARNING NOTICES WILL BE ISSUED!
- The “No Parking” enforcement is now extended through January 16, 2020, to allow for the sweeping of the streets after final leaf collection.
- Weather, equipment, and volume of leaves can affect both street sweeping and leaf collection at any time.
Full details can be found by clicking on this link — http://www.twp.lancaster.pa.us/street-sweeping-leaf-collection
In the non-signed areas, the crew attempts to clean every street in the township a minimum of twice a year—once in the fall and once in the spring. There is no notification as to when this will take place. If vehicles are parked on the street, the operator will go around them.
If your street is heavily littered, call the public works office at (717) 293-1733, and the crew will drive out and take a look at it. If needed, they will put up a temporary sign giving everyone 24 hours to move their vehicles, and will then sweep the street.