Extra service tags are purchased at the township office during business hours–Monday thru Friday, 8am to 4pm, and pertain to the following:
- YELLOW – $1.25 each, for each extra container or bag over the weekly limit of three. Residents may put out more than three 32-gallon trash bags or cans; however, each extra container or bag over the weekly limit of three, must be marked with a YELLOW extra service tag.
- RED – $4.00 each, for each Over-sized item. No more than two over-sized items will be picked up at any one residence each week. Over-sized items include furniture, carpet, a house door, box spring/mattress, BBQ grills, bicycles, toilets, tubs, microwave, or carpet, and may be put out with your trash on your regular scheduled day. Carpet must be cut into 5′ lengths, rolled & tied. A Red extra service tage must be securely attached and in a place clearly visible to the waste hauler. If you have questions regarding what is an over-size item, call (717) 291-1213 x301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blue – $12.00 each, for each Large Appliance. This is a Special Collection Week. If you already have a tag, you must notify the office at least two (2) business days in advance of your collection day . Call (717) 291-1213 x301 or email email@example.com.
- Purple – $2.00 each, for each Tire . This is a Special Collection Week. If you already have a tag, you must notify the office at least two (2) business days in advance of your collection day. Call (717) 291-1213 x301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Many other materials used in the garden or in the home, such as pesticides, chemicals, paint, computers and accessories, cell phones, cameras, etc., are considered hazardous waste and should not be thrown in with household trash or recycling. They should be taken to the LCSWMA HHW facility for proper disposal. For a complete list of these items, click here.
- Household construction or demolition waste cannot be put out with your regular trash/recycle pickup. You should make arrangements with the hired contractor to dispose of this material, or it should be taken to the Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority transfer station at 1299 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA. Call ahead for hours. (717) 397-9968. www.lcswma.org
For a list of other items and how to dispose of them, go to the “How do I dispose of…” page under the Trash/Recycling menu.