Click here for the 2014 Lancaster Township Trash & Recycling Collection Calendar from Penn Waste.
* The trash collection and recycling program includes a number of services under one contract with the Township’s trash hauler.
* Collection days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on where you live. Contact the Township office by telephone or e-mail ( email@example.com) for your specific day. Trash and recyclables are collected weekly.
* On regular collection days, trash, yard waste and recyclables must be on the curb by 5 a.m. It is suggested that you place both your trash and recycling at the curb the night before your collection. Trash bags and/or containers along with the recycling bin must be within 5 feet of the curb and clearly visible to the collector. No alley or back door service will be provided, except by prior arrangement by the Township with the hauler. Trash may not be placed on the curb earlier than the evening before collection day. Containers should be promptly removed from the curb area after collection.
* Recyclables, yard waste and trash are collected on the same day; however, they may not be picked up at the same time. Yard waste will be collected for recycling every other week between the months of April and October. Collection dates are printed in the Township Newsletter. Yard waste generated between the months of December and March should be disposed of with regular trash.
* The contractor will not collect on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If the holday falls on a weekday there is a one-day delay in collection. If the holiday falls on a weekend, there is no change in the collection schedule.
* Extra trash containers (if over the limit of 3 containers), oversized items, tires or appliances must be marked with special tags. Special tags may be purchased at the Township office. Bags, containers and other items not clearly tagged when appropriate will not be picked up by the trash hauler.
* Contact the Township office at 291-1213 if there are any questions about the program or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.