Joanne Yost, Office Administrator
(717) 291-1213; Ext. 301
Manages all aspects of the the township trash and recycling program, including collection concerns, processing the semi-annual trash/recycling bills, and final trash/recycle bills for home settlements.
Trash and recycling bills are mailed out twice a year:
- April 1 – payment is due April 30
- October 1 – payment is due October 30
- Regular rate is $122.50 every six months.
- 10% Senior discount rate (age 60+) is $110.25 every six months. (see note below*)
Payment Options: To protect staff and visitors, and assist with social distancing guidelines, residents are encouraged to pay their bill through one of the three preferred methods below:
- ONLINE PAYMENT (by credit card or check with nominal processing fee)
- DROP-BOX at the Maple Avenue door. Place check or money order and the payment stub in a sealed envelope. (No cash, please, when using the drop-box.)
- MAIL check or money order and the payment stub to the township office. (No cash, please, when mailing payment.)
If you want to pay at the reception window–a mask is required to enter the building and you must adhere to the six foot social distancing. If the reception area is full when you arrive, you will need to wait outside until someone exits the building.
*NOTE on paying the senior discount rate. If you will be 60 years old by the time the new bills are mailed out, and your bill does not reflect the discount rate, you may pay the discounted rate using the same options above and providing proof of age by:
- If using the online payment method, indicate in the notes section that you qualify for the senior discount. Once you have made the online payment, email a copy of your ID to Joanne Yost at the township office – firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail the copy to the township office (attn: Joanne Yost) along with your account #.
- If mailing payment, include a copy of your ID.
- If using the drop box, place a copy of your ID in the envelope with your payment.