* The number of trash containers allowed under the basic fee each residence pays is three 32-gallon trash bags or cans per week.
Tip: if trash bags hold less than 32 gallons, put the small bags inside a 32-gallon trash can or bag. Do not overstuff trash bags or cans since they may not weigh more than 30 pounds.
* Residents may put out more than three, 32-gallon trash bags or cans; however, each extra container or bag over the weekly limit of three, must be marked with a YELLOW extra service tag.
- if using a trash bag, attach a tag securely to the top of the bag.
- if using a trash can, attach a tag securely to the handle of the container.
- The trash collector will remove the tag.
* Oversized refuse items such as furniture, carpet, box spring/mattress, charcoal grills, bicycles, etc. will be picked up each week during regular trash collection. All oversized items must be marked with a RED extra service tag.
-Tags should be attached securely and in a place clearly visible to the waste hauler.
* Christmas trees require a RED extra service tag if put out with regular trash.
* No more than two oversized items will be picked up at any one residence each week.
* Extra service tags may be purchaed at the Township office
Yellow Tags – $1.25 each Red Tags – $4.00 each
* Large appliances and tires are not considered oversized refuse items and may not be placed for collection on a weekly basis. These items are addressed in the “Large Appliance & Tire” section in this site.
* Many materials used in the home and garden are considered household hazardous waste and should not be thrown in with trash. Items containing oil, gas, paint, chemical products, etc. are special waste. The Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority has a facility for collection of these wastes. For answers to questions about hazardous materials and information about the facility, call the Authority at 397-9968 or see “Special Wastes” section in this site.