Yard/woody waste will be collected by Penn Waste every other week beginning the week of April 6 , 2015 and ending the week of October 5, 2015. Yard waste bags will be available the week of (TBA) and may be picked up at the Public Works Yard Waste Facility located at 1357 Meadowcreek Lane. (Maximum 10 bags per visit.) Last day to pick up bio-bags is Thursday, October 9th.
Click on the Penn Waste 2015 Collection Calendar for details.
(Residents may also drop off yard/woody waste at the Public Works Yard Waste Facility starting (TBA). Click here for information on the operating hours of this facility.)
How to prepare yard waste for collection: Yard/woody waste is material such as tree trimmings, shrubbery and other organic landscape vegetation.
- Place the waste in bio-bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine.
- Bundles may not be longer than 4’ in length, exceed 6″ in diameter, and weigh more than 30 lbs each.
- Bundles must be placed at the curb on your scheduled pick up day before 6:30AM.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
- Yard waste in plastic bags WILL NOT be collected.
- DO NOT place the following items out for yard waste collection: Grass clippings, fruit & vegetables, tree stumps, dirt and stones.
- Click here for the Penn Waste Yard Waste Guide.