takes place April through mid-October, and is collected every other week on your regular collection day. Bundles must be placed at the curb on your scheduled pick up day before 5:00am, just as with trash/recycling.
Click on this link for the special collections calendar.
How to prepare yard waste for collection:
- Collection includes: leaves, garden residue, brush, shrubbery trimmings, and small branches less than 2” in diameter.Place yard waste in bio-bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine.
- Collection DOES NOT include: grass clippings, fruit & vegetable waste, tree stumps, dirt, rocks, or stones.
- Larger branches, three inches or more in diameter, must be cut into four-foot lengths, bundled/tied, and placed next to your yard waste bags.
- Bundles may not be longer than 4’ in length, exceed 6″ in diameter, and weigh more than 30 lbs each.
- DO NOT put tree branches or sticks in your trash can, or leave them piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
- Put your bag at the curb only when it is full. Fill bags to the line indicated, and fold or smash in the bag. Twigs and branches sticking out may cause injury to the loaders. Loaders have the right to leave bags if not filled properly.
- Yard waste in plastic bags WILL NOT be collected.
- Yard waste generated between the months of December and March should be disposed of with regular trash.
Storm Debris Cleanup: DO NOT put fallen tree branches, sticks, etc. into a trash can with or without trash, or piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
TBD for 2020 – Free yard waste bags will be available at the township yard waste facility located behind the Maple Grove Community Building parking lot. Use the Maple Grove access road entering from the Elm Avenue cul-de-sac. Click here for the yard waste operating hours.
Bags will be available through TBD, 2020, or while supply lasts, maximum 10 bags per visit (20 bag limit per week), per township property owner. Bags can also be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.