Yard waste (after the drop-off facility has closed and the curbside collection has ended) can be disposed of with regular trash. It must be contained in black plastic bags and counted as one of your three containers of trash.
Curbside Yard Waste Collection: FOR 2021 — starts week of April 12 and continues through the week of October 11, 2021. Collection will take place every other week on your regular collection day, and is collected by Waste Management. Bundles must be placed at the curb on your scheduled pick up day before 5:00am, just as with trash/recycling.
For calendar, click on this link.
How to prepare yard waste for collection:
- Curbside collection includes ONLY: leaves, garden residue, brush, shrubbery trimmings, and small branches less than 2” in diameter. Place yard waste in bio-bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine.
- Collection DOES NOT include: grass clippings, fruit & vegetable waste, tree stumps, dirt, rocks, or stones. Bags containing these will not be collected, and will be left at the curb.
- Larger branches, three inches or more in diameter, must be cut into four-foot lengths, bundled/tied, and placed next to your yard waste bags.
- Bundles may not be longer than 4’ in length, exceed 6″ in diameter, and weigh more than 30 lbs each.
- DO NOT put tree branches or sticks in your trash can, or leave them piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
- Put your bag at the curb only when it is full. Fill bags to the line indicated, and fold or smash in the bag. Twigs and branches sticking out may cause injury to the loaders. Hauler has the right to leave bags if not filled properly.
- Yard waste in plastic bags WILL NOT be collected. They will be left at the curb.
Storm Debris Cleanup: DO NOT put fallen tree branches, sticks, etc. into a trash can with or without trash, or piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.