takes place April through the beginning of October. Dates are included in the spring newsletter and on the website. During that time period, yard waste is collected every other week on your regularly scheduled collection day. Bundles must be placed at the curb on your scheduled pick up day before 5:00am, just as with trash/recycling.
September/October 2018 collection: (no collection Monday, September 3rd). Last week for yard waste collection is the week of October 1, 2018.
How to prepare yard waste for collection:
- Collection includes: leaves, garden residue, brush, shrubbery trimmings, and small branches less than 2” in diameter.Place yard waste in bio-bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine.
- Collection DOES NOT include: grass clippings, fruit & vegetable waste, tree stumps, dirt, rocks, or stones.
- Larger branches, three inches or more in diameter, must be cut into four-foot lengths, bundled/tied, and placed next to your yard waste bags.
- Bundles may not be longer than 4’ in length, exceed 6″ in diameter, and weigh more than 30 lbs each.
- DO NOT put tree branches or sticks in your trash can, or leave them piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
- Put your bag at the curb only when it is full. Fill bags to the line indicated, and fold or smash in the bag. Twigs and branches sticking out may cause injury to the loaders. Loaders have the right to leave bags if not filled properly.
- Yard waste in plastic bags WILL NOT be collected.
- Yard waste generated between the months of December and March should be disposed of with regular trash.
Storm Debris Cleanup: DO NOT put fallen tree branches, sticks, etc. into a trash can with or without trash, or piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
Free bio-bags (yard waste bags) are available at the township maintenance facility at 1357 Meadowcreek Lane. Click here for their operating hours. Bags will be available through October 3, or while supply lasts, maximum 10 bags per visit (20 bag limit per week), per township property owner. Bags can also be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.