will open Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
TRAFFIC NOTE: Users of the yard waste facility must enter via the Elm Avenue driveway behind the Giant Store, and exit only via Meadowcreek Lane. (Check back for future updates as they may occur.)
DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday — 3:00pm to 7:00pm until October 10.
- On October 15, time changes to 2:00pm to 5:00pm until November 27.
- Open every Saturday, starting April 6 through November 23 — 8:00am to 1:00pm. Excluded Saturdays are May 25 and August 31.
- The facility is closed all Mondays, Fridays, Sundays and holidays.
- The facility will be closed on May 25, July 4, and August 31.
- The facility closing date is Wednesday, November 27.
This service is for township residents only; No contractors will be admitted. Residents need to have ID ready for the gate attendant who will inspect yard waste for contaminants, and direct you to the proper place to unload.
Note on grass clippings: The township yard waste facility will only accept grass clippings that are bagged in bio-bags. Keep in mind–putting grass clippings into the bio-bags will cause the bags to deteriorate faster (in 3-5 days), which could lead to the bags ripping. Grass clippings will not be accepted in a loose load. Click on this link for information on the benefits of mulching your grass: Guide to home composting
Bio-bags (Yard Waste Bags) will be available, while supply lasts, at the maintenance facility, through (2019 date TBD), and only during the yard waste facility hours listed above. A maximum of 10 bags per visit/20 per week, per township property owner.
Bags can also be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot. You may use plastic trash bags to transport your yard waste to the facility, but you will need to dump it out of the plastic bag(s) when unloading at the facility.
Yard waste generated between the months of December and March should be disposed of with regular trash.
The Manheim Township Compost Park is also available to Lancaster Township residents. Here is a link to their website with costs and hours: www.manheimtownship.org/1009/Compost-Park