- 2022 Special Collections calendar (includes yard waste collection)
- STARTED Monday, April 11, 2022
- FINAL WEEK - Monday, October 10 thru Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Collected curbside EVERY OTHER WEEK on your regular collection day.
- Special Note: Certain holidays that fall on a Monday thru Thursday may affect all collection for that week, putting collection on a one-day delay schedule. Refer to the Special Collections Calendar for the holidays that are observed by the contracted hauler.
- Place bags out on the curb the night before the collection day.
- Yard waste bags will be available starting Saturday, April 2, 2022, during regular woody waste facility hours.
- If it is raining or rain is in the forecast, please hold curbside yard waste until the next collection date. Yard waste bags are paper, and paper will rip and tear when wet.
- After the curbside collection has ended, yard waste can be contained in black plastic bags (not yard waste/bio bags) and disposed of with regular trash. It will be counted as one of your three containers of trash. Therefore, if the number of bags you put out exceeds the three-bag limit, you will need to purchase yellow extra refuse tags ($1.25/ea) and attach a tag to each bag over the three-bag limit.
- You may also take your yard waste (absolutely no grass) to the township’s woody waste facility during its seasonal operating hours.
How to prepare yard waste for the special curbside collection period (April thru October):
- Curbside yard waste collection includes ONLY: leaves, garden residue, brush, shrubbery trimmings, and small branches less than 2” in diameter. Place yard waste in bio-bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine.
- Collection DOES NOT INCLUDE: grass clippings, fruit & vegetable waste, tree stumps, dirt, rocks, or stones. Bags containing these will not be collected, and will be left at the curb.
- Larger branches, three inches or more in diameter, must be cut into four-foot lengths, bundled/tied, and placed next to your yard waste bags.
- Bundles may not be longer than 4’ in length, exceed 6″ in diameter, and weigh more than 30 lbs each.
- DO NOT put tree branches or sticks in your trash can, or leave them piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
- Put your bag at the curb only when it is full. Fill bags to the line indicated, and fold or smash in the bag. Twigs and branches sticking out may cause injury to the loaders. Hauler has the right to leave bags if not filled properly.
- Yard waste placed in plastic bags during the special curbside collection period WILL NOT be collected. They will be left at the curb.
Storm Debris Cleanup: DO NOT put fallen tree branches, sticks, etc. into a trash can with or without trash, or piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
Martin Mulch Products in Ephrata (located at 55 Woodcrest Drive), will accept grass clippings for a fee. Call them for more information – (717) 733-1602.