Access staff contacts, specific department information, newsletters, and services provided by Lancaster Township. Read the latest news and important announcements in the blog post, and be sure to check back often for updates.
The April 12, 2021, board of supervisors meeting will be held via Zoom. There will be NO in-person meeting in April. The agenda will be posted at this link > https://www.twp.lancaster.pa.us/2021-bos-agendas by Thursday afternoon, April 8.
MEETING STARTS AT 6:00PM
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 850 6890 1285
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,85068901285# US (New York)
+13017158592,,85068901285# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 850 6890 1285
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbItZIu4Sq
Emailed or mailed in comments may be sent to the township administration office, and will be read into the record by the individual presiding over the meeting at the appropriate time.
All emailed and written comments must be received NO LATER THAN NOON on the Monday that the BoS meeting will be held. Your Name and Address must be included with your emailed or written comment, just as would be required if you were appearing in person.
- To send a comment via Email: Emailed comments should be directed to: email@example.com – Include your Name and Address with your email. Indicate in the Subject line: For BoS meeting & include the date of the meeting
- To send written comments: You may mail your comment to the office or drop it off in the drop box located at the township building’s Maple Avenue entrance. Your Name and Address must be included on the written comment. Write on the envelope: For BoS meeting & include the date of the meeting.
Lancaster Township is looking for a local individual to operate the Woody Waste Facility. This is a seasonal, part-time job – starting Monday, April 12, and includes Saturdays, starting April 17.
Interested individuals should submit an application for employment – Click on the following link: Employment Application . Email your application to Devin Groff – firstname.lastname@example.org , or drop it off at the township office. You may also call Devin via phone at: (223) 221-7523.
- Direct Traffic on the Site
- Checking ID and verifying township residency
- Verifying items being dumped
- Handing out Brown leaf bags
- Being on-site for all open hours of operation
The Woody Waste Facility opens Monday, April 12, 2021. The first Saturday opening is April 17, 2021.
DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION are as follows:
- Monday thru Thursday, 3:00pm to 7:00pm *
- Every Saturday, 8:00am to 1:00pm**
- CLOSED Friday and Sunday
*CLOSED the following Holiday Mondays: May 31, July 5, September 6
**CLOSED the following Saturdays (Holiday weekends): May 29, July 3, September 4
- Starting Monday, October 4, 2021, hours change to: 2:00pm to 6:00pm (Mon-Thurs)
- Starting Monday, November 8, 2021, hours change to: 2:00pm to 5:00pm (Mon-Thurs)
- Last Saturday is November 20, 2021
- Last Weekday is November 24, 2021
Curbside Yard Waste Collection starts week of April 12, 2021, and continues through the week of October 11, 2021. Bundles must be placed at the curb on your scheduled pick up day before 5:00AM, just as with trash/recycling.
Collection will take place every other week on your regular collection day, and is collected by Waste Management.
Click on this link for the 2021 special collections calendar.
Yard waste bags will be available for pickup at the woody waste facility starting April 12, during their operating days/hours, and will continue to be available up to the final week of curbside collection which is the week of October 11, 2021.
Learn HOW TO PREPARE YARD WASTE FOR CURBSIDE COLLECTION by clicking HERE.
The section of Maple Avenue (next to the township building) between Perry Avenue and Abbeyville Road will be closed on Monday, April 5, in order to prepare the road for the new two-way traffic pattern.
Please use caution when driving in this area. Use an alternate route if possible.