Street Sweeping typically begins in early April, and then moves into Leaf Collection in mid-October. Parking restrictions on “signed streets” remain in force until January to allow for a final sweeping (weather permitting) once leaf collection has ended in December.
- Both street sweeping and leaf collection take place the first and third Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each month.
- If your street has a posted sign that lists certain days/hours of No Parking, then it is a “signed” street.
- Police will enforce prohibited parking. To avoid receiving a ticket, abide by the schedule as it appears on the posted street sign.
- Weather, equipment, and volume of leaves can affect both street sweeping and leaf collection at any time.
Questions or concerns regarding street sweeping/leaf collection may be directed to: Ph: (717) 293-1733; Email: email@example.com
ABSOLUTELY NO grass clippings, tree branches, or yard waste are to be placed on the street for the street sweeping/leaf collection. This will clog and/or break the equipment resulting in delays to the collection schedule for the entire township. Grass, branches, or yard waste found on the street, or mixed in with leaves will be left for you to clean up and dispose of yourself.
During leaf collection season, every effort will be made to collect leaves on streets with signed parking restrictions on the days/times listed on the street signs. The area (route) the crew will be working in will be posted in advance (when possible) on the township website home page. Route (Zone) Maps are available by clicking here.
NOTE: Leaf piles that get left behind during the collection process due to vehicles parked on or near the pile is the responsibility of the resident to remove.
Below are the FINAL DATES in your area that leaves may be put out for curbside collection on parking-restricted signed streets. ANY LEAVES PUT OUT AFTER THESE DATES WILL NOT BE PICKED UP by the township. Residents must remove them from the street.
- Monday, December 13: ALL AREAS between Columbia Ave., Marietta Ave., Race Ave., and 0–200 block River Drive.
- Tuesday, December 14: All SIGNED Wednesday areas in East and West Township; finish Conestoga Woods area.
- Wednesday, December 15: All SIGNED Thursday areas (Chadwick Lane, Colchester Drive, the Sterling Place Development). Areas west of Abbeyville Rd., School House Rd., N. Bausman Dr., Bausman, Gable Park, Bentley Lane, Chadwick Circle, Bean Hill Rd., Wedge Wood, Windolph Landing, Honeysuckle Ln., and Millrace Development
- Friday, December 17: ALL AREAS between Marietta Ave. and Newton Rd., N. President Ave., and the 300–700 blocks of River Dr.
- Sunday December 19: All SIGNED Monday areas (Chadwick Lane, Colchester Drive, the Sterling Place Development).
- Monday, December 20: All SIGNED Tuesday areas in East and West Township including Conestoga Woods area.
Parking restrictions remain in force until January 22, 2022.
- There is no scheduled street sweeping/leaf collection for non-signed streets.
- For non-signed streets, the crew attempts to clean every street in the township a minimum of twice a year—once in the fall and once in the spring. There is no notification as to when this will take place. If vehicles are parked on the street, the operator will go around them.
- If your street is heavily littered, call the public works office at (717) 293-1733
HIGH-TRAFFIC STATE HIGHWAYS
The streets below are not included in the regular leaf collection schedule due to their being high-traffic state highways; therefore, the township will pick up these bagged leaves. Call the public works office at (717) 293-1733 when your bags of leaves are at curbside ready for pickup.
- Columbia Avenue
- Millersville Pike
- Wabank Road