- Started the week of April 12
- Every other week on your regular collection day
- Placed out the night before your collection day (the same as trash/recycling)
- Final week is September 27-30*
*IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING A CHANGE FOR THE FINAL COLLECTION DATE – The “FINAL DATE” for “ALL” curbside yard waste collection is Friday, October 15; not the week of October 11-14 as was originally scheduled.
Yard waste bags are available for pickup at the woody waste facility only during the posted operating days/hours. The LAST DAY yard waste bags WILL BE AVAIILABLE is Thursday, October 14, 2021 (or while supply lasts). You may purchase yard waste bags at Lowes, Home Depot, or any other store of your choice that sells them.
For calendar, click on this link.
If it is raining or rain is in the forecast, holding curbside yard waste collection until the next collection time is suggested (except for the final collection date of October 15). Yard waste bags are paper and paper will rip and tear if it is wet. ALSO, you may take your yard waste to the township’s woody waste facility during its seasonal operating hours: https://www.twp.lancaster.pa.us/yard-woody-waste-drop-off
How to prepare yard waste for collection:
- Curbside yard waste collection includes ONLY: leaves, garden residue, brush, shrubbery trimmings, and small branches less than 2” in diameter. Place yard waste in bio-bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine.
- Collection DOES NOT INCLUDE: grass clippings, fruit & vegetable waste, tree stumps, dirt, rocks, or stones. Bags containing these will not be collected, and will be left at the curb.
- Larger branches, three inches or more in diameter, must be cut into four-foot lengths, bundled/tied, and placed next to your yard waste bags.
- Bundles may not be longer than 4’ in length, exceed 6″ in diameter, and weigh more than 30 lbs each.
- DO NOT put tree branches or sticks in your trash can, or leave them piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
- Put your bag at the curb only when it is full. Fill bags to the line indicated, and fold or smash in the bag. Twigs and branches sticking out may cause injury to the loaders. Hauler has the right to leave bags if not filled properly.
- Yard waste in plastic bags WILL NOT be collected. They will be left at the curb.
Storm Debris Cleanup: DO NOT put fallen tree branches, sticks, etc. into a trash can with or without trash, or piled up (unbundled, untied) on the curb. It will not be collected.
After the yard waste facility has closed and the curbside collection has ended, yard waste (NOT INCLUDING GRASS CLIPPINGS) can be disposed of with regular trash. It must be contained in black plastic bags and be counted as one of your three containers of trash.