is located in the area of the Maple Grove Community Park.
Access is one-way only via the Elm Avenue service road located behind the Giant Store at Stone Mill Plaza.
All traffic must exit via Columbia Avenue (eastbound; right turn only).
- Service is for Lancaster Township residents ONLY—have ID ready for the gate attendant.
- NO commercial landscapers (work-for-hire individuals).
- Access to the facility will be controlled. We appreciate your patience.
- Yard waste bags will be available starting Saturday, April 2, 2022, during regular woody waste facility hours.
2022 Days and Hours of Operation – weather permitting
- Saturdays — 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Weekdays — Monday thru Thursday, 3:00pm to 7:00pm
- Starting October 3rd — Monday thru Thursday, 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Starting October 31st — Monday thru Thursday, 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- CLOSED Fridays, Sundays, and holidays.
- LAST SATURDAY is November 19 — 8:00am to 1:00pm
- FINAL DAY is Wednesday, November 23 — 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- The LAST DAY to pick up yard waste bags is Saturday, October 15
- Severe weather events may cause the closure of the facility.
- Saturday, April 16
- Saturday, May 28
- Monday, May 30
- Saturday, July 2
- Monday, July 4
- Saturday, September 3
- Monday, September 5
NO BAGS, including Bio Bags, are to be left at the facility. ALL bags must be dumped & taken with you. ABSOLUTELY NO DUMPING OF WOODY WASTE OUTSIDE OF ENTRANCE GATE. The area is under video surveillance; violators will be cited.
Self-load – DAWN TO DUSK while supply lasts. Located outside of the Woody Waste entrance off Elm Ave.
Bulk Mulch will be loaded:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday thru May 26 – 3:30pm to 4:15pm.
- On three Saturdays – April 2, April 23, and May 7 – 8:00am to Noon.
- No appointment is necessary. Lancaster Township residents only.
Bulk Mulch After May 26 is by APPOINTMENT ONLY – (717) 291-1213. Lancaster Township residents only.
Questions or concerns regarding the woody waste facility:
Devin Groff, Public Works Superintendent
After the yard waste facility has closed and the curbside collection has ended, yard waste (NOT INCLUDING GRASS CLIPPINGS) can be disposed of with regular trash. It must be contained in black plastic bags and be counted as one of your three containers of trash.
- The Lancaster Township woody waste facility DOES NOT ACCEPT grass clippings. It is recommended that you mulch your grass with your lawnmower, and let it decompose back into the ground which is beneficial to your soil. Read the full notice regarding non-acceptance of grass clippings here.
- Martin Mulch Products in Ephrata (located at 55 Woodcrest Drive), will accept grass clippings FOR A FEE. Call them for information on cost and hours – (717) 733-1602.