- The township office will be closed on Friday, July 3rd in observance of the 4th of July holiday.
- The woody waste facility will be closed on Saturday, July 4th.
- Penn Waste trash/recycling schedule will not be affected.
Welcome to Lancaster TownshipLancaster County, Pennsylvania
If you are looking for meeting information, a staff contact, a recent newsletter, or one of the many services provided by Lancaster Township, you have come to the right place. Our website is your connection to the community.
Latest News, Minutes, and Announcements
We have received a number of calls and concerns regarding survey stakes and markings throughout the township. (see pictures below)
(Images are from various locations within the township.)
The stakes are identifying areas where Lancaster City plans on drilling into the ground. It appears that the city is planning on rerouting their water line, and these areas marked are potential locations for the installation of that line.
This is NOT a Lancaster Township project, and based on the (limited) information that we have received, the Board of Supervisors are not supportive of the initial design or proposed relocation.
The applicant has secured permits to work within the right-of-way, but does not have permission to conduct work outside of the right-of-way on private property. The city is obligated to make repairs to any drilling work conducted.
We will post additional information on our website if and when it becomes available. Should you have any questions regarding this matter, we would encourage you to contact the Lancaster City Public Works Department at (717) 291-4764.
Below is a link to the PDF of the proposed city project.
The links below are broken down individually by section from the PDF above.
- Accidental Shooting, 1433 hours, June 28, 2015, 100 block Turnbridge Drive (LT) – A 25 year old male picked up his .40 caliber pistol to put it away and while doing so the weapon accidentally discharged with the round striking him in the groin area. He was transported to a local area hospital with a non-life threatening injury.
- Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer, 1533 hours, June 26, 2015, Manor Shopping Center, 1234 Millersville Pike (LT) – Male/52, of Oxford, PA, was charged with Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer, Driving under Suspension (DUI Related), and Careless Driving. A bicycle officer approached a parked vehicle in the parking lot, which was running and occupied by the driver. The officer observed that the driver exhibited signs of intoxication. The driver placed his vehicle in drive and was instructed by the officer to stop at which time the driver sped off at a high rate of speed through the crowed parking lot. Charges were filed.