- Theft, 8:28 a.m. August 26, 2014, 1398 Columbia Avenue (LT) – A Lancaster woman was seated at an outside table at Starbucks, 1398 Columbia Ave, when a dark-skinned male grabbed her purse from the table and fled on foot. Occurred at 8:28 a.m. August 26, 2014.
Welcome to Lancaster TownshipLancaster County, Pennsylvania
If you are looking for meeting information, a staff contact, a recent newsletter, or one of the many services provided by Lancaster Township, you have come to the right place. Our website is your connection to the community.
Latest News, Minutes, and Announcements
- Theft (LT) – A juvenile complaint has been filed against a 17 year old Lancaster Township male. At 10:00 p.m. August 20, 2014, the juvenile was observed riding a bike that had just been stolen from the first block of Michelle Drive. He has been charged with Theft, Loitering and Prowling at Night Time, and a Curfew Violation.
- Retail Theft, 12:57 p.m. August 24, 2014, 1360 Columbia Avenue (LT) – A Male/41 of South Prince St, Lancaster, was arrested for Retail Theft at Giant, 1360 Columbia Ave. At 12:57 p.m. August 24, 2014, he was observed concealing $29 worth of merchandise, and then leaving without paying. During the arrest, officers found heroin, hypodermic needles, and other drug paraphernalia in his possession. He was charged with Retail Theft, Possession of Heroin, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and committed to Lancaster County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail.
- Attempted Burglary, 12:03 a.m. August 24, 2013, 1400 Block Center Road (LT) – A resident of the 1400 Blk of Center Road heard somebody open an unlocked door and enter their residence at 12:03 a.m. August 24, 2014. They fled when they became aware of the resident’s presence. Nothing was taken.
- Retail Theft, 10:34 p.m. August 23, 2014, 1360 Columbia Avenue (LT) – A male was observed taking an air conditioner from Giant, 1360 Columbia Ave, and leaving without paying. Loss $148.
- Vehicle Theft, 100 Block Turnbridge Drive (LT) – A Honda dirt bike was taken from an unlocked shed in the 100 Blk of Turnbridge Drive sometime overnight August 22-23, 2014. Loss $2,500.
- Selective Enforcement Detail, August 23, 2014, 1700 Block Wabank Road (LT) – Two motorists were cited for speeding in the 1700 Blk of Wabank Road during a selective enforcement detail on August 23, 2014. The high speed in the 35 mph zone was 54 mph.
- Theft, 1700 Block Judie Lane (LT) – A bicycle and electric scooter were taken from a porch in the 1700 Blk of Judie Lane sometime within the past week. Total value $300. The bicycle was recovered in the 100 Blk of Jennings Drive, but the scooter could not be located.
- Theft (LT) – A criminal complaint for Theft has been filed against a Male/37 of Old Dorwart Street, Lancaster. Officers had responded to the residence of an ex-girlfriend on August 5, 2014, for a domestic argument and learned that the male had taken two laptops from the female and fled. Loss $1,500. The complaint has been filed before MDJ Sponaugle.
- Criminal Trespass (LT) – A criminal complaint for Criminal Trespass has been filed against a Male/21 of East High Street, Elizabethtown. On July 27, 2014, the male entered a home in the 300 Block of Abbeyville Road that he had previously been warned about entering. He was found hiding in a closet by responding officers. He was turned over at that time to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Department on an outstanding warrant. Charges have been filed before MDJ Sponaugle.