Access staff contacts, specific department information, newsletters, and services provided by Lancaster Township. Read the latest news and important announcements in the blog post, and be sure to check back often for updates.
- Monday, January 17: Township Office closed
NO CHANGE to trash/recycle collection. ONLY certain holidays affect regular trash/recycle collection schedules.
The holidays listed below are the ONLY HOLIDAYS in 2022 observed by the contracted waste hauler:
- Monday, May 30, 2022 – NO COLLECTION. One-day delay for the week.
- Monday, July 4, 2022 – NO COLLECTION. One-day delay for the week.
- Monday, September 5, 2022 – NO COLLECTION. One-day delay for the week.
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 – NO COLLECTION. Thursday collection will be Friday, November 25.
REMINDER: PARKING RESTRICTIONS on “signed streets” REMAIN IN FORCE until January 22, 2022.
Curbside Collection of REAL Christmas trees is taking place township wide on Friday, January 14, 2022.
- This is the only free collection day for real Christmas trees.
- If you miss this free collection day, you will need to purchase a $4 red tag to have the tree collected.
- Artificial trees are not part of the free collection and MUST HAVE a $4 red tag attached.
- ALL decorations must be removed from trees AND no trees in tree bags.
LAST DAY FOR DROP OFF of REAL Christmas trees at the township’s woody waste facility is January 14, 2022
- Located at the Entrance to the Woody Waste Facility
- Dawn to Dusk in the designated (signed) area only!
- Service for Lancaster Township residents only.
- REAL Christmas Trees ONLY! ALL decorations must be removed. NO tree bags.
- The area is under video surveillance. Violators will be cited.
The board of supervisors meeting minutes from Monday, December 13, 2021, were approved and are available on this webpage:
2021 BoS Minutes
The board of supervisors meeting will be held on Monday, January 3, 2022, starting at 6PM — 1240 Maple Avenue. Entrance for the meeting is through the PERRY AVENUE door.
Meeting agenda can be found on this webpage:
2022 Board of Supervisors Agendas